Pattern - Tucked Yarn Flat Trees Pattern
- 1. Print out full-sized patterns and cut out. Pin patterns to foam sheet and trace around pattern. Score along traced pattern.
- 2. Wax serrated knife blade with an old candle or bar of soap. Cut trees out of foam sheet using knife.
- 3. Cut 1/2"-wide by 3/4" deep hole into bottom of each foam tree with tip of serrated knife.
- 4. Adhere grosgrain ribbon onto sides of tree. Start at bottom of tree and wrap around sides down to other side. Let dry.
- 5. Trim tree branches so ends are even. Adhere stick to center of each birch disc. Make sure stick is standing straight. Let dry.
- 6. Place dot of adhesive onto surface of foam tree and poke end of yarn through foam with pointed end of wood skewer or chopstick.
- 7. Gently twist yarn to make 1/2" loop. Place dot of adhesive 1/4" from the first, poke end of loop through adhesive and into foam. Secure with straight pin if necessary.
- 8. Continue twisting a loop and poking in the yarn to cover tree. Stop occasionally and cut yarn so it can untangle itself at skein end.
- 9. Place dot of low-temperature hot glue into bottom of tree hole. Twist top of branch trunk into hole.