1. Measure circumference of wearer's head in center of forehead right above eyebrows. Measurement is referred to as "A" throughout.
2. Ch 5, sl st to make a ring.
3. Ch 2, dc 20 into circle, and sl st.
4. Dc twice into same st, dc, and repeat until work has diameter equal to measurement "A".
5. Dc around until hat is desired length. Tie off; weave in ends.
6. Make two French knots about 3" apart and 3" from bottom edge of hat using black floss. (Note: For larger eyes, make multiple knots in same area.) Tie off on inside of hat. Backstitch triangle shape between eyes using orange floss. Fill triangle using satin stitch. Tie off on inside of hat.