No-Need-To-Count-Stitches Crocheted Afghan
If you hate to count stitches like the rest of us, then this afghan's the perfect project for you! Make one while watching movies this winter, or as a gift for someone special.
- Coats & Clark Red Heart Super Saver Yarn: Frosty Green, 8 oz. skeins, four; Hunter Green, 3 oz. skein; Hot Red, 3 oz. skein
dc: double crochet
sc: single crochet
- 1. With Frosty Green, ch 162.
- 2. Row 1: Sc in third ch from hk, dc in next ch, sc in next ch, dc in next ch, rep ending with dc, ch 2 and turn.
- 3. Rows 2-13: Sc in back lp only of first sc, dc over dc using back lp only, rep to last sc over sc, dc in second ch, ch 2 and turn.
- 4. Row 14: Ch 3, dc in both lps of first dc, ch 1, sk sc and dc in both lps of next dc, rep to last ch and dc in second ch, ch 2 and turn.
- 5. Row 15: Sc through ch, dc in both lps of next dc, rep ending with sc in third ch, dc in second ch, ch 2 and turn.
- 6. Rows 16-20: Rep second row, crocheting in back lps only.
- 7. Rows 21-25: Rep Rows 14-20.
- 8. Row 26: Rep Row 14.
- 9. Rows 27-54: Rep Row 15, ch 3 and turn.
- 10. Row 55: Rep Row 14.
- 11. Rows 56-69: Rep Rows 14-27, ch 2 and turn.
- 12. Row 70: Rep Row 15.
- 13. Rows 71-84: Ch 5-1/2" and fasten off.
- 14. Crochet two Hot Red and one Hunter Green chain, 6" longer than afghan or 185 ch, leaving 3" yarn length at each end.
- 15. Weave chs loosely through dc, making sure to not pucker afghan. To attach, pull through last ch and end lp in same color. For fringe, use three 10" lengths.