2. Row 2 and all even-numbered rows: Work each st as it appears from this side of work (i.e. knit the k sts and purl the p sts). Purl the loops made in row below.
3. Rows 3, 11, and 13: Knit.
4. Rows 5, 7 and 9: p1, *yfrn, k4, sl1, k1, psso, p1, k2tog, k4, yfrn, p1*, rep from * to * to end of row.
5. Rows 15, 17 and 19: p1, *k2tog, k4, yfrn, p1, yfrn, k4, sl1, k1, psso, p1*, rep from * to * to end of row.
6. Rep Rows 1-20 twice.
7. Next rows: Change to US 4 needles and rep Rows 1 and 2. On Row 2, dec 3 sts evenly across row [40 sts].
8. Cast off using picot cast off as follows: cast off 2 sts, *slip stitch on right-hand needle on to left-hand needle, cast on 2 sts using cable method, cast off 4 sts*. Rep from * to * to end of row. Fasten off last stitch.
1. Join side seams 2" from top (picot edge) and 2-3/4" from bottom. This will leave gap for thumb to go through.