Golf Club Covers
Coats & Clark
Before you hit the course this year, accessorize your golf clubs with these stylish knitted camo covers.
- Coats & Clark Red Heart Super Saver, 1 skein: Dessert Camo or Pink Camo
- White felt
- Knitting needles: size 5; size 8
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- Fabric glue
CA: Color A
CB: Color B
sc: single crochet
- 1. In St st and Size 8 needles: 17 sts = 4"; 24 rows = 4"
- 1. Directions are provided for size No. 1 wood; changes for sizes 3 and 5 are in parentheses.
- Sock Ribbing
- 1. With smaller needles, cast on 30 (22) sts.
- 2. Row 1: K 2, *P 2, K 2; rep from * across.
- 3. Row 2: P 2, * K 2, P 2; rep from * across. Rep Rows 1 and 2 for pat, working [6 rows CB and 6 rows CC] 3 times, then work 6 rows CB.
- Sock Top
- 1. With larger needles, K 20 (14), place stitch marker on needle, K 10 (8). P next row. Continue to work in St st increasing 1 st each side of stitch marker every right side row 8 (6) times. Work even on 46 (34) sts until top measures 4-1/4" (3"). Decrease 1 st each side of the marker every right side row 4 (2) times.
- 2. Next Row: K 1, *K2tog, K 1; rep from * across. P next row.
- 3. Next Row: K 1, *K2tog; rep from * across. P next row. K2tog across. Cut yarn leaving a long end; weave through rem sts, draw up tightly and fasten securely. Sew sides together. Weave in ends. Cut 2" felt circle and write number in center using permanent marker. Adhere circle to sock.
- 1. Like these golf club covers, but want to knit them in a different color? Visit coatsandclark.com to see the entire color palette of Red Heart Super Saver yarns.
- 2. Use leftover yarn to make coordinating pom-poms for the tops of these covers.