Crocheted Hanger Cover & Sachet
Coats & Clark, Inc.
sizes: hanger, 15" across; sachet, 4"
- Coats & Clark Red Heart LusterSheen, in colors of choice
- Satin-padded hanger
- Crochet hooks: 1 (steel); E-4
- Yarn needle
- Fiberfill stuffing, small amount
- Essential or potpourri oil
CA: color A
CB: color B
dc: double crochet
sc: single crochet
slip st: slip stitch
tr: treble crochet
yo: yarn over
- 1. For hanger cover: in pat 6 sts & 5 rows = 1". For sachet: in sc -6 sts & 5 rows = 1". (Note: Use any size needles/hook to obtain gauge.)
- Hanger Cover
- 1. Sleeve (make two): With CA ch 4.
- 2. Rnd 1: Work 2 dc and (ch 3, 3 dc) twice in 4th ch from hook.
- 3. Rnd 2: Ch 1; work (sc, ch3, sc - sc-shell made) in next dc; *ch 2, skip next dc, sc in next ch-3 loop, ch2, skip next dc **; work sc-shell in next dc. Rep from * twice more, end next rep at **. Sl st to beg sc to join.
- 4. Rnd 3: Sl st in ch-3 loop of next sc-shell, ch 3, work dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same loop - beg dc-shell made. * skip next ch-2 loop; work (dc, ch 2, dc - V-st made) in next ch-2 loop **; work (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc - dc shell made) in next ch-3 loop. Rep from * twice more, end last rep at **, Sl st in top of beg ch 3 to join.
- 5. Rnd 4: Sl st in next dc, ch 1, * work sc-shell in ch-2sp of next dc-shell, ch 3, work sc-shell in ch-2 sp of next V-st, ch 3. Rep from * twice more. Sl st to beg sc.
- 6. Rnd 5: Work beg dc-shell, * skip next ch-3 loop, V-st in ch-3 loop of next scshell, skip next ch-3 loop of next sc-shell, skip next ch-3 loop **, work dc-shell in ch-3 loop of next sc-shell. Rep from * twice more, end last rep at **. Join.
- 7. Rnds 6-25: Rep Rnds 4 and 5 alternately. Fasten off leaving 12" tail on one sleeve for sewing.
- 8. Remove ribbon from hanger, slip each sleeve over an end and sew center seam together. Weave in ends. Replace ribbon.
- 1. Heart (make two): With CB, ch 2.
- 2. Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Ch 1, turn.
- 3. Row 2: 2 sc in each sc - 4 sc. Ch 1, turn.
- 4. Rows 3-10: Work 2 sc in first sc; sc across to last sc, 2 sc in last sc. Ch 1, turn. There are 20 sc at the end of Row 10.
- 5. Row 11: Sc in next 8 sc; draw up a loop in each of next 2 sc, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook - dec made at end of row - 9 sc. Do not work over remaining sts. Ch 1, turn.
- 6. Rows 12-16: Sc in each sc across to last 2 sc, work dec over last 2 sc. Ch 1, turn. There are 4 sc at the end of Row 16. Fasten off. Attach yarn to the 11th sc of Row 10, rep Rows 11-16 working decreases at beginning of row so that shaping corresponds with other side.
- 7. Starting at center top and being sure to have an even number of sts, sc the two heart pieces together. Before opening becomes too small, stuff heart with fiverfill scented with potpourri oil. Do not fasten off.
- 1. * Ch 3, sc in 3rd ch from hook - picot made, skip next sc, sc in next sc. Rep from * around, Sl st to beg sc to join. Do not fasten off.
- 1. * Ch 3, sc in 3rd ch from hook. Rep from * until length is 4". Sl st to beg ch to join. Fasten off. Slip sachet over hanger hook.