Crocheted Bead and Button Bracelets
- Royale Fashion Crochet Thread, size 3: Scarlett (Coats & Clark)
- Red bead box assortment (Blue Moon Beads)
- Royale Luna Crochet Thread: Lt. Linen (Coats & Clark)
- Natural shell buttons, assorted sizes
- Crochet hook, size G/6 (4.5mm)
- Embroidery needle
- Crafter’s Pick Incredibly Tacky Glue (API)
- 1. All buttons or beads need to be strung on thread before beginning to crochet. String more than anticipated quantity in case additional buttons or beads are required for proper fit. Sample projects show five red bead bracelets and three button bracelets worn together; make as many as desired.
- Shell Button Bracelet
- 1. Insert linen thread through eye of needle, leaving short end on one side of needle. Insert needle through approximately 20 shell buttons to string them onto thread. Pull buttons down thread and pull up one at a time as needed.
- 2. With hook, chain one. Bring up top button on thread to chain. Make one chain stitch over button; chain two more stitches. Repeat making one chain stitch over a button and then two chain stitches until 16 buttons have been crocheted over.
- 3. Wrap bracelet around wrist to check fit; be sure bracelet is long enough to fit over hand. Add or remove buttons as needed. Make a slip stitch in first chain stitch to join thread into a bracelet. Trim thread ends 1" from chain and weave in to chain; glue ends to secure.
- Red Bead Bracelet
- 1. Repeat Steps 1-3 above using red thread and beads. Sample bracelets feature 12 beads each.