Blue-Green Crocheted Hat Scarf
size: hat, 21" around at lower edge; scarf flaps, 34" long (without fringe)
- Glimmer (A), two balls: Willow
- Bliss (B), two balls: Jade
- Fling (C), one ball: Misty Blue
- Crochet hook, size K/10.5 (6.5mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Optional: Pom-pom maker
- *Products by Caron International
dc: double crochet
hdc: half-double crochet
sc: single crochet
- 1. in hdc, 10 sts and 8 rows = 4", in stitch pattern for scarf flaps, 10 sts and 7 rows = 4"
- 1. When working in rounds, join with a slip stitch to beginning chain-2; DO NOT turn. Hat is worked from top of crown to lower edge in-the-round; scarf flaps are worked in rows down from lower edge of hat.
- 1. Using A, ch 3.
- 2. Rnd 1: Work 6 hdc in third ch from hook, join with a slip st to first st (6 hdc).
- 3. Rnd 2: Ch 2, work 2 hdc in each hdc around; join as above (12 hdc).
- 4. Rnd 3: Ch 2, *hdc in next st, work 2 hdc in next st; repeat from * around; join (18 hdc).
- 5. Rnd 4: Ch 2, *hdc in next 2 sts, work 2 hdc in next st; repeat from * around; join (24 hdc).
- 6. Rnd 5: Ch 2, *hdc in next 3 sts, work 2 hdc in next st; repeat from * around; join (30 hdc).
- 7. Rnd 6: Ch 2, *hdc in next 4 sts, work 2 hdc in next st; repeat from * around; join (36 hdc).
- 8. Rnd 7: Ch 2, *hdc in next 5 sts, work 2 hdc in next st; repeat from * around; join (42 hdc).
- 9. Rnd 8: Ch 2, *hdc in next 6 sts, work 2 hdc in next st; repeat from * around; change to C, join (48 hdc).
- 10. Rnd 9: Using C, ch 1, sc in each hdc around; change to B, join.
- 11. Rnds 10-16: Using B, ch 2, hdc in each st around; join.
- 12. Rnd 17: Work as for Rnd 10; change to C, join.
- 13. Rnd 18: Work as for Rnd 9; change to A, join.
- First Scarf Flap
- 1. Rows 1-6: Using A, ch 1, [sc in next st, dc in next st] 5 times; turn (10 sts).
- 2. Row 7: Work as for Row 1; change to C in last st; turn.
- 3. Row 8: Using C, ch 1, sc in each st across; change to B in last st; turn.
- 4. Rows 9-15: Using B, work as for Rows 1-7; turn.
- 5. Row 16: Using C, ch 1, sc in each st across; change to A in last st; turn.
- 6. Rows 17-64: Repeat Rows 1-16; fasten off.
- Second Scarf Flap
- 1. Continuing around lower edge of hat, skip 16 sts of Rnd 18. Join A with a slip st in next st; work as for first flap. Using tapestry needle, weave in all ends.
- 2. For fringe, using A, cut 24 twelve-inch strands. Fold each strand in half. Using crochet hook, *insert hook from wrong side to right side into first st at one corner, pull through fold of strand (loop), insert ends into loop, and pull tight against edge; repeat from * across, attaching 12 strands to lower end of each flap.
- Top Of Hat
- 1. Using A, or color of choice, make a 3" pom-pom and sew to top of hat.