Quick & Easy Baby Hat
Coats & Clark
size: preemie (infant and toddler sizes are provided in parenthesis) - To fit head: 12" (14", 16")
- Moda Dea Baby Talk, 1 skein each: Orange (CA); White (CB); Light Pink (CC) (Coats & Clark)
- Knitting needles, size 5
- Yarn needle
- Pom-Pon Maker (#14060)
BO: bind off
RS: right side
St st: stockinette stitch
WS: wrong side
- 1. 24 sts = 4"; 30 rows = 4"
- 1. Slip all stitches purlwise.
- 1. With CA, cast on 71 (83, 95). Beg RS work 5 rows St st ending with RS row.
- 2. Row 1 (WS): With CA purl.
- 3. Row 2: With CB K2, * sl 1, K2; rep from * to end.
- 4. Row 3: With CB purl.
- 5. Row 4: With CC K1, sl 1, * K2, sl 1; rep from * to last 3 sts, K3.
- 6. Row 5: With CC purl.
- 7. Row 6: With CA K3, sl 1, * K2, sl 1; rep from * to last stitch. K1.
- 8. Rep last 6 rows until approx 6-1/2" (7-1/2", 8-1/2") from cast on edge, ending with row 6. BO.
- 1. Sew up back seam, sewing up first six rows with seam on right side. Place piece flat with wrong sides facing so back seam runs down middle and is on top. Sew along top opening. Turn hat right side out and flip outside corners to center; sew in place.
- 2. Make 2" to 3" pom-pon using one strand of each color. Fasten securely to top of hat.