Chic Crocheted Scarf
- Bernat Hot Pink(ish) Sheep(ish) by Vickie Howell, 1 ball
- Crochet hook, US I-9
- Tapestry needle
- ch: chain
sc: single crochet
tr: treble crochet
- 18 sts x 6 rows = 4" in netted stitch pattern, slightly stretched.
- Scarf (make two)
- Ch 22.
- Row 1: Sc in 9th ch from hook, *ch 5, sk 3, sc in next st; rep from * to end. Turn. (Total of 4, netted "Os")
- Row 2: *Ch 5, sc in the 5-ch sp; rep from * to end. Turn.
- Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 17".
- Lacy Ruffle
- Row 1: Ch 1, *5 sc in 5-ch sp, sc in sc; rep from * to end. Turn. (25 sts)
- Row 2: Ch 4, tr in same st as ch, *ch 5, sk 5, 2 tr in next st; rep from * three more times.
- Turn. (30 sts)
- Row 3: Ch 4, tr in same st as ch, 2 tr in next st, *ch 5, sk 5, [2 tr] twice; rep from * three times more. (40 sts.)
- Row 4: Repeat Row 1.
- Tie off.
- Repeat Rows 1-4 to create ruffle for second scarf end. Tie off.
- Using tapestry needle and yarn, seam together both flat edges of scarf. Pinch center at seam just created so fabric is gathered; sew in place to create ruching.