Pocket Scarf & Headband
Your thoughts don't have to be the only thing warm this winter! Knit this easy scarf with pockets and matching headband to keep you toasty, and stylish too.
- Textured yarn in color of choice, 6 oz. skeins, three
- Knitting needles, size 15 (10 mm)
- Yarn needle
- 1. Sizes are scarf, 12"x60"; headband, 6" wide.
- 1. Gauge is 8 stitches = 4"; 10 rows = 4". If gauge doesn't match, use size needles necessary to obtain gauge.
- 1. Cast on 25 sts. K 4 rows.
- 2. Row 1 (Right Side): K8, *P3, K3, P3, K8.
- 3. Row 2: K5, P3, [K3, P3] Two times, K5.
- 4. Rep rows 1 and 2 until 60" from beg., ending with wrong side row. Bind off in pattern.
- 5. For each pocket, cast on 15 sts. Work stockinette stitch (K 1 row, P 1 row) for 20 rows. Bind off.
- 6. Use yarn needle to sew wrong side of pocket to right side of scarf.
- 1. Cast on 8 sts. *K1, P1 rep from * across. Rep for 6 rows.
- 2. Row 1 (Right Side): Keep continuity of rib pattern (K1, P1), include 1 st at each end.
- 3. Row 2: K1, rib across, K1.
- 4. Rep last 2 rows twice = 12 sts.
- 5. Next Row: K across.
- 6. Next Row: K1, P to last st, K1
- 7. Rep last 2 rows until 16" from beg.
- 8. Next Row: K2tog, *K1, P1; rep from * across to last 2 sts, K2tog.
- 9. Next Row: Keep continuity of rib pattern, dec 1 st each end of every other row to 8 sts. Work 6 rows even. Bind off in rib.