- Wichelt Imports Mill Hill Flourish Denim Perforated Paper, 4”x7”
- DMC 6-strand embroidery floss
- White felt, 9”x12”
- Small wooden dowels, two
- Sewing machine and coordinating thread
- Embroidery needle
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 2 strands
Pattern - Cross-Stitch Mr. & Mrs. Design
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on perforated paper using two strands of floss. Backstitch word outlines.
- 2. Trim perforated paper leaving 1" border on all sides.
- 3. Place half of felt piece onto the back of cross-stitched design and sew using running stitch along the edge. Refer to photo and follow outline for stitching. Trim entire piece.
- 4. Take the other half of felt and place on back of the piece. Lightly mark two spots along bottom for wooden dowels.
- 5. Sew along same stitch lines, leaveing two spots for dowels. Trim piece leaving a 1/4" edge. Insert dowels into opening if using as cake topper.
- 1. Use wooden dowels if placing cross-stitch design on top of wedding cake. Frame design or sew onto pillow for a wedding keepsake.
- 2. This design also looks nice with lilac perforated paper.