Pattern - Embroidered Holly Berries Runner
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut felt as directed.
- 2. Use fabric marker to transfer placement lines for leaves, berries, and border onto white felt.
- 3. Hand-sew border using running stitch and three strands of Pistachio Green-UL DK.
- 4. Refer to pattern and pin leaves in place. Hand-sew around edges of each leaf and on vein lines using blanket stitch and three strands of contrasting floss.
- 5. Create each berry using five-spoke spider web stitch and one strand of Caliente.
- 6. Center completed white top over green backing and pin in place. Hand-sew along edges using blanket stitch with three strands of Pistachio Green-UL DK.
- 1. Felt is easy to work with as it doesn't fray, but it can sometimes stretch. If one leaf is larger or curves more than another, don't worry - real leaves are different shapes and sizes. If the runner top or back have gotten out of shape, just trim as needed.