Pattern - Embroidered Hand Towels
- 1. Print out full-sized patterns. Hem two long sides and one short side of fabric using 3/4" seam allowance.
- 2. On unhemmed side, turn under and mark 5-3/4" hem. Transfer lettering to center of fabric just above marked hem line.
- 3. Hand-sew letters in Metallic Braid using whipped running stitch. Use Red or Green for running stitch and Gold for the whipstitch.
- 4. Outline holly berries in red using backstitch and fill in with Rhodes stitch. Fold and hand-sew hem using invisible stitches to cover back of embroidery.
- 5. Hand-sew line of whipped running stitch in Red or Green, and Gold just inside hem line through all layers of fabric.
- 1. For best results, use a large embroidery hoop so fabric is stretched taught as you work. Do not make your stitches too tight or they will pucker the fabric.