Cross-Stitch Pillow Ornaments
size: tree, 4-3/8"x4-5/8"; stitch count: 62 w x 65 h; heart, 4-1/2"x4"; stitch count: 64 w x 57 h
- DMC: Charles Craft Carolina Linen, 9”x9”, two; 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Mill Hill Elderberry Glass Seed Beads
- Fusible fleece, 9”x9”, two
- Backing fabric, 9”x9”, two
- Twisted cording
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Needles: beading, embroidery
- Sewing machine with matching thread
Pattern - Cross-Stitch Pillow 2015
Pattern - Cross-Stitch Pillow Tree
- 1. Cross-stitch each design centered on linen over two threads using two strands of floss.
- 2. Attach seed beads using beading needle and white sewing thread.
- 3. Fuse fleece to wrong side of each piece of linen following manufacturer's instructions.
- 4. Trim linen 1" from outer edge of stitching on each ornament. Trim backing fabric to match.
- 5. Place right sides together. Leaving small opening at bottom, machine-sew together using 1/4" seam allowance to stitch linen to backing fabric. Turn right side out.
- 6. Stuff each ornament with fiberfill.
- 7. Hand-sew cording around ornament seam. Begin at bottom center and tuck end into opening. Create 4" hanging loop at top center before continuing around to bottom center. Trim excess cording and tuck remaining end into opening. Machine-sew opening closed.