Pattern - Just Hatched Baby Owl Embroidery
- 1. Print out full size pattern. Cut pattern pieces from felt.
- 2. Assemble owl using one strand of coordinating floss. Sew pupils to eyes using nearly invisible small stitches. Sew eyes and beak to body with same stitches. Backstitch wavy lines across owl chest using three strands of floss.
- 3. Trim linen 2" larger than frame. Position fabric in frame and tighten. Pin owl to background fabric; backstitch in place using two strands pink floss and small stitches. Pin egg shape over owl, covering bottom completely. Backstitch in place as before, using three strands yellow floss.
- 4. Cut piece of green felt slightly smaller than hoop. Trim linen edges to 3/4". Cover back of hoop with felt, tucking raw linen edges inside; pin in place. Sew outer edge of felt to linen using small stitches. Tie ribbon to hoop; clamp to hang.
- 1. Build and embellish owl before sewing it to framed fabric to not distort linen.