Pattern - Beaded Easter Egg Towel
- 1. Print out patterns. Mark center thread on towel lengthwise with straight pin. Find center of towel and baste center line from bottom edge up center; pin. Trace complete pattern onto tissue paper using pen. Trace individual egg outlines onto smaller pieces of tissue paper; set aside.
- 2. Position traced pattern on towel front 4"-6" from bottom edge. Line up top and bottom arrows on pattern with basted center line. Pin pattern to fabric; baste pattern in place, stitching between paper edge and pattern's outer border using white thread. Remove pins.
- 3. Baste remaining design elements using sewing thread: left egg orange, center egg yellow, right egg pink, flower stems on center of leaves green. Flower blooms at stem ends will be freestitched and do not need basting. When finished, remove tissue paper pattern completely, using tweezers as needed.
- 4. Cut eggs from felt: left egg Pumpkin, center egg Lemon Chiffon, and right egg Bubble Gum. With matching sewing thread, hand-sew wool eggs over basted egg shapes using tiny running stitches.
- 5. Add beads to eggs using seed stitch worked with silamide. Sew bugle beads to orange egg, purple seed beads to yellow egg, and trios of yellow seed beads to pink egg.
- 6. Straight stitch leaves using green ribbon; avoid pulling ribbon too tightly. With silamide, add yellow green seed beads in groups of one to three along leaves using single bead stitch.
- 7. Using three stands Medium Nile Green floss, work flower stems with stem stitch. Using silamide, attach purple glass bead flower blooms with single bead stitches. Pull beads tightly.
- 8. Stitch corner edge borders with laced running stitch, using Medium Seagreen floss for running stitch and Pumpkin floss for lacing. Tie down laced stitch in center of loop with blue seed bead held in place with single bead stitch in silamide. Stitch border 1" from outermost point on every side of design, varying number of stitches used. Remove all basting threads.
- 1. Use chenille needle for silk ribbon, embroidery needle for floss, and beading needle for beading.
- 1. For a variation on the green ribbon leaves, give the long leaves a single twist so upper and lower area of ribbon are turned differently. Pin ribbon in place while attaching beads.