Pattern - Breast Cancer Ribbon Embroidery
- 1. Print out full-size pattern. Cut ribbon from pink felt.
- 2. Position cream fabric in embroidery hoop; pin felt ribbon to center.
- 3. Blanket stitch along edges of ribbon using Medium Pink, adding one bead to every stitch. Knot ends.
- 4. Fill background with random seed stitches in Light Pink and Medium Pink.
- 5. Trim linen fabric leaving 1-1/2" border. Hand-sew gathering stitch 1/2" from edge of linen; pull thread ends to gather and knot ends. Cut 4"-diameter cream felt circle, pin over gathered linen, and hand-sew in place. Hang hoop using ribbon.
- 1. When choosing an embroidery needle, make sure it is narrow enough to pass through size 6/0 bead holes, approximately 1.5mm wide, and wide enough to thread with #5 Pearl Cotton.