paintbrush, scissors, iron and pressing surface, fabric marking pen, newspaper (to cover work surface), ruler, pencil
1. Take wooden embroidery hoop apart. On covered work surface, paint both pieces Cadmium Yellow. Let dry.
2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse webbing to fabric scraps. Cut out five 1" triangles (pennants). Cut canvas to 9" square.
3. Fuse pennants to center of canvas. Machine-sew pennants along top of canvas using straight stitch.
4. Cut 8" length of metallic braid. Attach braid along top of pennants using black thread and couching stitch. Knot and clip thread ends.
5. Use fabric marker to write birth date and baby's name on canvas as shown. Thread embroidery needle with three strands of black embroidery floss; backstitch birth date and name. Knot and clip thread ends.
6. Insert canvas into embroidery hoop; apply tacky glue along inside of hoop to help secure canvas. Let dry. Adhere rhinestone on center of each pennant. Let dry.