Pattern - Carved Tree Embroidered Pillow
- 1. Print out pattern. Trace pattern onto muslin. Backstitch tree outline using Gun Metal braid and intials using Pink Lemonade braid.
- 2. Cut from burlap: two 3"x13", two 3"x17", two 10"x17". With right sides together, position 13" strips at top and bottom of stitched panel. Machine-sew strips in place using 1/2" seam. Press seams open. Repeat process to attach 17" panels to sides, matching raw edges.
- 3. Fold one long edge under 1/2" on one 10"x17" panel; press. Machine-sew panel to finished edge. Repeat with second panel. Position stitched panel on work surface with right side up. Position one folded panel along right side of stitched panel with right sides together and raw edges matching. Pin in place. Repeat with second folded panel along left side.
- 4. Machine-sew around raw edges of pillow with 1/2" seam. Clip corner fabric; turn right side out. Insert pillow form. Hand-sew opening closed.
- 1. Trace a printed pattern onto muslin fabric by taping the paper on a window and holding the ironed muslin over the design. The pattern will be easily visible. Trace over pattern lines with a disappearing pen.