Haberdashery Embroidery Hoop
size: 12" diameter
- Embroidery hoop, 12” diameter
- docrafts: Tilly Daydream Fat Quarter Pack, Fabric Covered Buttons, Embroidery Shapes, Large Crochet Flowers, Natural Ric Rac Pack, Assorted Ribbon Pack; Papermania Spots & Stripes Pastels Felt Bundle and Capsule Collection Assorted Buttons
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Small sew-on pearls
- Purple embroidery floss
- docrafts A4 Xpress Die-Cutting Machine with XCut Dies: X-Press On Border; Nesting Bloom, Leaves
- docrafts Xcut Precision Scissors
- Sewing machine and sewing needle with coordinating threads
- Iron-on interfacing, 18”x18”
- fabric pencil, iron with pressing cloth and pressing surface, straight pins
- 1. Cut purple fat quarter to fit embroidery hoop with 4" excess around hoop. Apply interfacing to back of fabric following manufacturer's instructions.
- 2. Press heart-print fabric in half to fit lower section of hoop. Pin heart fabric to purple fabric. Machine-sew vertical lines down fabric to make pockets, ensuring pocket width fits tools. Place fabric in hoop; tighten.
- 3. Die cut blue felt plaque using border die. Write "Sew Sweet" on plaque; machine-sew over letters using narrow zig-zag stitch.
- 4. Cross-stitch plaque scallops to hoop fabric at top of hoop using embroidery floss. Hand-sew three clusters of pearls at top as shown. Blanket stitch around top arc of hoop using embroidery floss.
- 5. Hand-sew lengths of ribbon and rick rack across pocket. (Note: Insert tools in pockets while sewing to make sure only top of fabric is attached.)
- 6. Die cut flower from beige felt; blanket stitch around edges with embroidery floss. Cut circle, same width as flower, from blue felt. Hand-sew running stitch around edges; gather thread to form yo-yo. Fill with fiberfill; tie ends closed. Place large doily over yo-yo, keeping raw drawn edge to rear; hand-sew both to flower. Hand-sew pearl clusters to petals as shown.
- 7. Die cut three leaves from felt; machine-sew straight stitch down center of each leaf.
- 8. Hand-sew flower, leaves, buttons, and doilies to left side of hoop as shown.
- 9. Trim excess fabric at back of hoop; hand-sew running stitch around edges. Knot ends.