- Wichelt Imports 28-count Queen Anne’s Lace Hand Dyed Jobelan (429-509)
- Scrap cotton fabric for backing
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- scissors, needle, q-snap (optional), sewing machine, coordinating thread, ruler
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Cross-Stitch Stained Glass Bookmarks
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two threads using two strands of floss.
- 2. Backstitch design using one strand 310 Black. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 3. Trim around bookmark, leaving 1/2" around all four sides.
- 4. Cut cotton scrap panel to same size as trimmed bookmark. Cut stabilizer panel slightly smaller than trimmed bookmark.
- 5. Sandwich pieces together as follows: cotton fabric, face down; stabilizer; stitched bookmark, face up.
- 6. Machine zig-zag around all four sides, stitching close to backstitching. Carefully trim edges close to zig-zag stitching.
- 7. Repeat for each pattern.
- 1. If stitching all four bookmarks at once on one piece of fabric, leave at least 1" between each to allow enough room to cut and finish.