Worry Doll Ornaments
size: 3-3/4" tall
- FOR EACH:
- Forster No-Roll Clothes Pins (Loew-Cornell)
- Craft stick mini
- Round rhinestones, 3mm, two
- Embroidery floss: pink; turquoise; white; fuchsia
- Silver wire, 20-gauge, 8” length
- Embellishments of choice: eyelet; lace; ribbon; faux fur; bridal netting; rickrack, etc.
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Sewing needle and white thread
- Black permanent fine-tip marker
- Round-nose pliers
- Hand drill
- Fabri-Tac permanent adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Blue-Haired Doll
- 1. For dress, wrap pink floss three times around clothes pin body, beginning at neck edge. Wrap white floss three times around body under pink floss. Continue wrapping pink and white floss around body, leaving 5/8" unwrapped at bottom of legs.
- 2. For arms, drill holes in ends of craft stick mini. Wrap pink and white floss around arms the same as dress. Glue center of arms to top back of dress. Wrap pink floss around dress and arms, crossing it at center front and knotting ends in back.
- 3. Glue fuchsia ribbon around dress under arms with ends in back. Cut 1-1/4"x2-1/2" faux fur rectangle, and glue around dress, under ribbon, overlapping edges in back.
- 4. For hair, cut nine 3" lengths from turquoise floss. Wrap 4" length of turquoise floss around center and knot. Glue hair across top of head.
- 5. Use marker to draw eye dots on face. Glue rhinestones to cheeks. For hanger, insert ends of wire length through holes in arms and bend ends back over wire.
- Fuchsia-Haired Doll
- 1. Follow same instructions as Blue- Haired Doll, wrapping arms, 1/2" at top of dress, and 1/8" at bottom of dress with turquoise floss. Wrap remainder of dress with pink floss.
- 2. Glue ribbon and lace around dress under arms. Use fuchsia floss for hair.
- Pink-Haired Doll
- 1. Follow same instructions as Blue- Haired Doll, wrapping 1/8" sections with turquoise and white floss at bottom of dress and ends of arms. Wrap remainder of dress with fuchsia floss.
- 2. Cut 3"x10" rectangle from netting. Sew basting stitch across one edge of netting and pull stitches to gather. Glue rickrack and gathered netting around dress, under arms. Use pink floss for hair.
- 1. Dab glue on thread ends to secure to clothes pins and craft stick mini.
- 2. Always begin wrapping in back so ends don't show.
- 3. Floss ends can be cut and glued in back after each section has been wrapped or ends can be left long, wrapping one color over another in back.