Pattern - Trimming the Tree Cross-stitch Ornament
- 1. To find center of Aida cloth, fold in half and in half again opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Use two strands floss or one strand braid to cross-stitch design centered on cloth. Backstitch with one strand of floss.
- 3. Mount stitching centered on batting-covered mounting board, folding in corners first, then sides, securing edges of fabric to adhesive side of board. Repeat for backing fabric on double-sided adhesive mounting board.
- 4. Beginning at bottom center edge, glue lace around back edge of ornament.
- 5. For hanger, fold rattail in half to form loop. Glue loop to top center ornament at back.
- 6. Glue front board to back board.