Pattern - Punch Needle Flower Pillow With Lavender
- 1. Use pencil to draw 7-1/2" square on fabric. Print and cut out pattern; transfer design to square center. Place fabric in hoop with design in center. Use floss to punch the following: center Bright Chartreuse; ring around center Very Dark Lavender; petals Light Cyclamen Pink; stem Kelly Green; top of leaf Light Topaz; underside of leaf Green; background Light Plum.
- 2. To sew items to flower center, insert threaded needle through punch needle, one hole in button, heishi bead, seed bead, then back through heishi bead, opposite hole in button, and punch needle.
- 3. Use two strands of Light Topaz floss to sew heishi beads around punch needle edge. To do this, insert needle through fabric and bead, then bring needle back through fabric at side; bring needle back through fabric and bead again, then bring needle through fabric on opposite side of bead. Sew a seed bead to center of each heishi bead in same way as flower center.
- 4. Remove needle punch from hoop. Cut fabric along drawn 7-1/2" square. Sew piping around front of fabric square, 1/4" from edge, beginning and ending in a corner, clipping piping seam at corners.
- 5. For pillow back, cut another 7-1/2" fabric square. With right sides together, sew pillow front to back along piping stitching, leaving 4" opening at bottom for turning. Trim corners; turn right side out. Fill pillow with lavender. Hand sew opening closed.
- 6. Wrap ribbon diagonally around opposite pillow corners; tie bow.
- Punch Needle Instructions
- 1. The floss is punched through the fabric between the woven threads. The weave of the fabric holds the floss to form a loop. Needle is threaded with three strands of embroidery floss, using threader. Set loop length at 3. Transfer design to fabric. Place fabric in hoop (fabric should be taut). Needle is punched in and out fabric with stitches placed close together. Outline design first, then fill in. When done, cut floss close to fabric.