Embroidered Vines Table Setting
Hearthside Creations LLC
size of stitched areas: placemat, 6-1/2"x3-3/4"x3/4", napkin, 4-1/2"x3/4"; sizes: placemat 19"x13", napkin, 20"x21-1/2"
- Teal placemats and napkins
- DMC Floss: 6-strand 906 Medium Parrot Green, #8 Pearl Cotton 796 Dark Royal Blue
- YLI Silamide Grey Beading Thread, size A
- Mill Hill Beads: Seed Yellow Creme (02002), Antique Rich Red (03049); Small Bugle Royal Blue (70020), Pearl (72001), Sea Breeze (72008), Red Velvet (72052)
- Needles: embroidery, beading
- white tissue paper, mechanical pencil, scissors, tweezers, white sewing thread, iron and pressing surface
Pattern - Embroidered Vines Table Setting
- 1. Print out full-size pattern. Use pencil to trace both designs onto tissue paper. Trim tissue paper 1/4" from edge of design. Pin larger tracing in upper right corner of placemat. See photo for placement. Fold napkin so last folded edge is on left side. Pin smaller design on napkin slightly off center on right side. Use white sewing thread and embroidery needle to baste around edge of traced designs to hold in place.
- 2. Using Dark Royal Blue Pearl Cotton and embroidery needle, work stem stitch for long curved wire line for candle lights.
- 3. Use four strands 906 Medium Parrot Green floss to work fern stitch for vine around blue wire. (Note: Some vine stitches will cross over wire.) Gently remove tissue paper. Remove small pieces using tweezers.
- 4. Using Grey Silamide and beading needle, work single bead stitch with Antique Rich Red bead. Starting on top left side, place one bead in "V" of vine leaf, working alternately side to side down vine.
- 5. Use Grey Silamide and beading needle to work backstitch bead and bugle stitch, with all four colors of small bugle beads and Yellow Creme seed beads; place along wire where space allows, alternating colors.