Brass Cross-Stitch Angel Ornament
- Bucilla Brass Stitchables Oval Bookmark (#PB43568) (Plaid)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss: White (#DMCB5200); Black (#DMC0310); Light Pink (#DMC0818); Blue (#DMC0996); Lavender (#DMC0209); Yellow (#DMC0743); Brown (#DMC0839)(DMC)
- Creative Buttons Heart Button (#22318), 1/4” (JHB International)
- Light blue satin ribbon, 1/8”, 10” length
- Light blue felt scrap
- Embroidery needle
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Use Blue floss to cross-stitch top row of sky. Moving down to next row, continue stitching sky.
- 2. Continue following diagram to cross-stitch angel's head with Light Pink floss, wings with White floss, and gown with Lavender floss.
- 3. Use one strand of Brown floss and straight stitches to outline sky area, head, wings, and gown. (Note: To give angel a more rounded look, stitch diagonally across points rather than squaring off edges.) Use two strands Yellow floss to straight stitch halo. Use one strand of Brown floss to straight stitch hair. Use two strands of Black floss to make French knots at eye dots, wrapping floss around needle one time for each knot.
- 4. Use White floss to sew heart button to bottom right side of gown.
- 5. For hanger, insert ribbon through eyelet in top of brass plate and knot ends.
- 6. For backing, cut a piece from felt to same sizes as stitches area of brass plate; glue to back.
- 1. Read "Stitching Tips" before beginning project.
- Stitching Tips
- 1. Work counted cross stitch on brass plate in same way as cloth.
- 2. Follow angel diagram (Fig. 1) for color placement.
- 3. If you are right handed, begin working stitches on top left side of brass plate, stitching across each row from left to right, then stitch crosses over first stitches, going from right to left.
- 4. If you are left handed, begin working rows from right to left.
- 5. Use three strands of floss for cross stitches.