Always Time to Stitch
size of stitched area: cats, 2-1/2"x3"; dogs, 3"x2-1/4"; stitch count: cats, 36 w x 43 h; dogs, 43 w x 31 h
- Wichelt Imports 28-count Ivory Jobelan
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Plaid or print fabric
- Ribbon, 8” length
- scissors, ruler, q-snap or hoop (optional)
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Pet Silhouettes
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two strands using two strands of floss.
- 2. Backstitch design using one strand of 310 Black. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 3. Trim stitched designs leaving 1/2" border on all four sides. Cut fabric 1/2" larger than stitched designs.
- 4. Machine-sew using appliqué or zig-zag stitch securing stitched designs onto fabric.
- 5. Cut felt 1/2" larger than fabric. Measure and cut 8" ribbon lengths; pin ends onto top edge of each piece of felt. Machine-sew design fabric to center of felt, sandwiching ribbon ends between pieces. Trim felt leaving 1/4" border around fabric.
- 1. Hand-sew pet's name using embroidery floss and running stitch on fabric border.