- 16”x20” Delft Blue 14-count Aida (Charles Craft)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- 6-strand Satin Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead (03040) (Wichelt Imports Inc.)
- Mill Hill Mag Bead (10028) (Wichelt Imports Inc.)
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch/Straight Stitch: 2 strands
French Knot: 1 strand wrapped two times
Pattern - Santa Claus Stocking
Pattern - Letters
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric. Attach beads with floss. Trim stitched fabric 1/4" from stitching. Cut three pieces of backing/lining fabric with right sides together. Position fabric under stocking and cut to shape. Layer stitched fabric, cording, and one piece backing fabric right sides together. Stitch with 1/4" seam allowance. Turn right-side out. Layer remaining two pieces of fabric with right sides facing; sew seams leaving top open and a small gap at bottom (this becomes stocking lining).
- 2. Turn right side out. Place stitched stocking inside lining stocking; sew top edges with 1/4" seam allowance. Turn lining inside stitched stocking; press stocking. Slipstitch lining seam closed.