Pattern - Embroidery Hoop Holiday Trio
- 1. Print out patterns.
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages and condition separately in hands until soft and pliable. For snowman's carrot nose, condition pea-sized amount of Orange clay; roll into log. Taper one end and form into carrot shape. Use back of craft knife to add detail lines across carrot. For present tag, roll pea-sized amount of 18K Gold clay; flatten to 1/16" thickness. Use craft knife to cut out tag. Use toothpick to poke hole on top of tag. Roll additional pea-sized amount of 18K Gold clay; flatten to 1/16" thickness. Use flat end on pen or pencil to cut out three button shapes. Use toothpick to poke tiny holes on each button. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool and set aside.
- 3. Measure and cut three 7" muslin squares. Press well. Tape pattern on window with natural light. Using sharp pencil or disappearing ink pen, trace pattern onto muslin. Repeat process for each pattern.
- 4. For snowman, backstitch top hat black and body light gray. Split stitch arms dark gray. Satin stitch scarf red and green. Backstitch snowy ground Metallic Silver. French knot snowman's eyes and mouth Black. Sew clay buttons on body using Ombre. Hot glue clay carrot on face.
- 5. For present, backstitch box light green and ribbon red. Stitch tag ribbon center with five French knots and tag tie with Metallic Gold. Using smallest brush in set, paint tiny polka dots Summer Linen on tag. Let dry. Sew tag in place.
- 6. For trees, backstitch two outer trees light green and center tree dark green. Straight stitch garland on two outer trees Ombre. Backstitch stars on top of trees Ombre and snowy ground Silver. Paint inside of stars Metallic Yellow Gold; let dry.
- 7. Position smaller half of embroidery hoop on top of embroidered square with right side facing down. Pull extra fabric to back of hoop and secure with tape. Place larger half of hoop over design. Hang on wall using hanger of choice.
- 1. Visit your local fabric store or check online retailers for mini buttons instead of creating from clay.