Pattern - Embroidered Owls
- 1. Print out pattern. Transfer designs to tea towel square. Using photo as guide, stitch outlines with colored craft thread. Set aside.
- 2. Paint circles Marigold. Lightly sand edges. Apply sealer. When dry, outline with permanent marker. Use Crop-A-Dile II to punch holes in center of each circle. Place circles onto each owl and secure with brad.
- 3. For first frame, paint front, back and sides Black. Use tack to press seventeen holes randomly into frame. Lightly hammer cut tacks into holes. Use both sides of hammer to distress wood. Sand heavily to leave raw wood showing through. Mix equal parts Marigold with water; brush over entire frame and wipe off with clean cloth.
- 4. For second frame, lightly hammer five furniture tacks into two opposite corners of frame. Spray front, back and sides of frame with two light coats of textured spray paint.
- 5. For remaining frame, paint front, back and sides Black. Paint random 3" patches of Lavender, Calypso Blue and Hauser Light Green. Let dry. Paint one thin coat of Weathered Wood Crackle Medium. Paint one light coat of Burnt Umber over the top. Let dry. Sand roughly to remove paint and reveal the colors underneath. Apply sealer.
- 6. Place embroidered owls inside frames.