Pattern - Sock Reindeer Bread Hugger
Pattern - Banana Nut Bread
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut four antlers from tan felt; set aside.
- 2. To make head, body, and back legs, stuff first sock firmly from toe to heel; heel will become reindeer's bottom. Cut through center of ribbing on open end of sock to make legs. Turn raw edges to inside and whipstitch edges together, leaving bottoms of legs open. Add more stuffing to bottom back of body through legs. Firmly stuff legs and whipstitch open ends closed. Tie black pearl cotton thread around stuffed body 3" from toe to create neck.
- 3. Cut 8" length from one chenille stem to create antlers. Leaving 1-3/4" of sock fabric visible between stem ends, insert stem through center top of head; chenille stem ends should be even on both sides of head. Cut two 3-1/2" lengths from chenille stems; wrap symmetrically around ends of main stem, creating three-pointed antlers. Glue felt antlers to front and back of chenille stem antlers in pairs. Use black pearl cotton thread to sew running stitch around antlers close to edges, sewing felt to sock at top of head.
- 4. Tie ribbon into bow; trim ends as desired. Sew jingle bell to bow center; glue or sew to center of left antler.
- 5. To make ears, cut along toe stitching of remaining sock and then cut toe in half. Turn raw edges to inside and whipstitch turned edges together. With stitched edges pointing outward, sew ears to sides of head below antlers.
- 6. To make front legs, cut ribbing from second sock. Cut vertically down center of ribbing. Turn raw edges to inside and whipstitch edges together, leaving finished ends open. Firmly stuff legs; whipstitch open ends closed. With long stitched edges to underside, sew legs to top sides of body.
- 7. For hooves, cut eight 1"x2" rectangles from black felt. Use white pearl cotton and running stitch to sew rectangles together in pairs, sewing along edges and leaving one long side open. Place stitched rectangles on ends of legs and sew running stitch across open ends, securing hooves to legs.
- 8. Stack white buttons on black for eyes; use white pearl cotton to sew eyes to face, inserting and removing needle through neck area. Tie fleece around neck for scarf; fringe ends. Glue or sew red pom-pom nose to face.
- 9. Sew hook side of tape to inside of one front leg; sew loop side to outside of other front leg. Legs can wrap around jar, bread loaf, bag of cookies or candy, or wine bottle for gift-giving.