Pattern - Gingerbread Gift Bag
Pattern - Gingerbread Men Recipe
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut gingerbread from corrugated paper. Use pencil to lightly draw a dotted-line border around gingerbread, 1/8" from edge, placing marks between ridges as needed. Use needle to poke holes through paper at each dot. Thread needle with floss and sew line of straight stitches between dots; use all-purpose glue to secure floss ends at back. Let dry.
- 2. Cut 1" length from wire and bend into curve. Using photo as guide, glue wire to face for mouth. Glue black half-balls to face for eyes. Punch two small hearts from red cardstock for cheeks; glue to face at ends of mouth. Glue snaps to body for buttons. Let glue dry completely.
- 3. Tie green ribbon into bow; cut ends at angle and follow manufacturer's instructions to apply anti-fray solution. When dry, glue bow to body.
- 4. Use black fine-tip permanent marker to draw dash/dot border around gift bag edges. Center and glue gingerbread to bag using paper adhesive. Draw dashed-line border around gingerbread.
- 5. Use #6 shader to paint wooden heart Cherry Red; let dry. Use marker to draw dashed-line border around heart. Use #4 shader to paint rolling pin handles Cherry Red; let dry. Glue heart and rolling pin to gingerbread as shown; let dry completely.
- 6. Use multi-size punch to punch four hearts from card stock; glue to gift bag corners. Tie red check ribbon into bow around gift bag handle; spot glue to secure. Cut ribbon ends in a "V"; apply anti-fray solution.