Pattern - Fabric Basket Liner
Pattern - Blueberry Cream Muffins
- 1. Measure inside of basket, placing tip of tape measure at center top of one side, rolling it down across bottom, and back up to center of other side; sample basket measures 15" across center. Add 4" to this measurement. Cut one circle each from linen, batting, and green fabric of that diameter; sample would require 19"-diameter circles.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Cut two pieces from iron-on adhesive slightly larger than pattern. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse adhesive to wrong side of green fabric. Cut two holly patterns from fused fabric. Peel paper backing and fuse shapes to opposite sides of linen circle with center leaf tip 1" from edge.
- 3. Use pencil to lightly transfer details to holly leaves. Use two strands floss to embroider blanket stitch around details and along leaf edges.
- 4. To create openings for ribbon drawstrings, sew two buttonholes centered between holly leaves. To make buttonhole, sew two side-by-side rows of short stitches; overall buttonhole length should be 3/4" and stitches should end 1/4" from circle edge. Cut slits in buttonholes.
- 5. Baste batting circle to back of linen circle. Beginning and ending at a buttonhole, sew piping around top of linen circle 1/4" from edge; clip curves as needed so piping edge lays flat.
- 6. With right sides together, sew green circle to linen circle, leaving 3" opening for turning. Turn liner right side out through opening. Hand sew opening closed. Press as needed.
- 7. Sew around liner 3/4" from edge to make ribbon casing. Cut ribbon into two 60" lengths. Insert one ribbon piece through a buttonhole, around half of casing, and out through opposite buttonhole. Repeat with second length, going in opposite direction; ribbon ends should be equal on both sides of liner.
- 8. Use red thread to sew six beads to center of each holly appliqué. Place liner in basket. Pull ribbon ends on both sides to evenly gather casing around basket; tie ribbons into bows and trim ends as desired.