Clean mint tin
Plaid Mod Podge Matte, 16 oz.
Scrapbook paper: yellow with stars, black and white stars, black, red
Black ribbon with gold edge, 14”
Red star stickers, four
Red rhinestones, four
Gold eyelet, one
Thin gold cording
Glue gun and sticks
This idea was originally published in our 2016 Garden issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Wash and dry tin. Use tin top as template to trace and cut four pieces from yellow paper. Cut two of the four pieces slightly smaller to fit inside of tin. Distress edges with ink. Adhere to top, bottom and insides of tin using Mod Podge; let dry.
2. Distress ¼” strip of yellow paper and adhere around lid edge with Mod Podge; let dry. Adhere ½” strip of black and white striped paper around bottom edge of tin using Mod Podge; let dry.
3. Sand away any paper extending over edges of tin with sandpaper.
4. Place three star stickers across top right of tin lid as shown. Coat entire outer tin with Mod Podge; let dry.
5. Create tag with black paper and star paper as shown and add eyelet. Adhere stickers and stars on tag and add red rhinestone as shown.
6. Add red rhinestones to each star on tin. Secure ribbon around bottom portion of tin and lid using hot glue as shown so tin opens while ribbon is in place. Attach gold cord to tag and slip through ribbon.