Printed tissue paper
Cardstock: kraft, ivory, colors of choice
4-bar kraft envelope
Die cutting and embossing machine
Kuretake Zig Decoupage Glue
Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs Flower Pot; Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card; Spellbinders Celebra’tions by Richard Garay Pierced Rectangles; Simon Says Stamp Cups and Succulents Set
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Cups And Succulents, Wow! Happy Birthday Sentiment; Memory Box Floral Spray
This idea was originally published in our 2016 Garden issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Cut four pieces of tissue paper slightly bigger than flowerpot.
2. Apply decoupage glue to pot, working on one side at a time. Carefully apply tissue paper over decoupage glue. Gently press down with damp paper towel. Continue until all sides are covered. Let dry.
3. Trim tissue paper if needed and go over each side again with decoupage glue. Let dry.
1. Make 3½”x47/8” top-fold card and round corners.
2. Die cut stitched rectangles in desired colors and adhere to card front as shown.
3. Die cut flower pots from cardstock. Heat emboss pots with clear embossing powder for extra shine.
4. For succulent cards, stamp and color succulents on white scrap cardstock and die cut with correlating die. Trim bottom line off succulents with scissors. Adhere pots to stitched rectangle pieces on card front. Leave top of pot pieces open to tuck in succulents. Slightly insert bottom of succulents into pot tops and adhere.
5.For flowers, mask pot and stamp flower over mask. Stamp stems onto mask so that flowers appear to be growing from the pot. Color with watercolor pencils and water brush as desired.
6. Adhere sentiment. Stamp images on envelopes to coordinate.
Thankful For You Tags
Sending You A Hello Today Card
Tea Gift Cards with Burlap Envelopes