Paper Flower Embellished Lantern
Artfully embellish paper lanterns with vellum flowers and Design Master spray color.
- Rice paper lamp
- White vellum paper
- Flat-backed rhinestones
- Design Master TintIT Sprays: Chartreuse (534), Sunflower (533), Mango (532) (or choice of colors)
- Design Master ColorTool Spray Robin’s Egg (792)
- Paper punches: flowers, leaves, butterflies
- Embossing tool
- large cardboard box, glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Punch flowers, leaves and butterflies from vellum paper.
- 2. Place punched shapes inside large cardboard box to protect work surface. Spray punched shapes with TintIT colors and Robin's Egg, mixing up colors and shapes to create good variety of each shape to add to lamp. Let dry completely.
- 3. When punched shapes have dried, use embossing tool to add depth to shapes and trace vein or petal lines.
- 4. Begin gluing punched shapes to lantern, using photo as guide. For complete photo tutorial, visit http://dmcolor.com/paper-flower-embellished-lantern/. Layer elements while working to achieve full and texturally interesting garland of shapes running down front of lantern.
- 5. Once flowers are attached to lantern, glue flat-backed rhinestones to flower centers as desired.
- 1. For chic monochromatic effect, spray all flowers with single shade of TintIT, adding subsequent layers of color to some flowers to achieve deeper/darker effects.