Natural Accordion Scrapbook
- Lightweight cardboard (poster board): 5-1/2”x8-1/2”, two; 8-3/8”x21-1/4”; 3” square, two
- Modern Metals Metallic Décor Spray: Metallic Taupe (Design Master)
- Papers: print, 12”x12”: Westchester Walnut Embossed Suede, two; Antiquity Tan Parchment Flat, three; Engraved Fruit Brown Parchment (K&Company); solid, 8-1/2”x11”: tan
- Details embellishments: Square Rope Charmed Frames; Three Leaves Eyelet Shapes; Mini Square Ribbon Charms™, two (Making Memories)
- Silver mini brads, 11
- Metal bookplate
- Metal hinges, 3/4”x5/8”, two
- Brown/orange variegated eyelash yarn
- Black round elastic cord, 1-1/4” length
- Bone folder or scoring tool
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Computer and printer
- 1. For front cover, cut 6-1/2"x9-1/2" embossed suede paper rectangle. Place 5-1/2"x8-1/2" cardboard onto center back of paper. Fold corners and edges of paper up onto cardboard (similar to wrapping a package) and glue edges to cardboard. Repeat for back cover.
- 2. For inside panels, score 8-3/8"x21-1/4" cardboard vertically to form four equal panels. Bend cardboard ends back along center scored line and ends forward along other two scored lines. Cover folded cardboard by gluing Antiquity Tan paper to front and back sides, piecing paper as needed. Quick Tip: Glue paper to cardboard with cardboard standing vertical and folded so paper will bend.
- 3. For first and second panel mat, cut 8-3/8"x12" Brown Parchment strip. Align left edges of paper and folded cardboard. Fold paper to match cardboard folds. Cut 3-3/8"x5-3/8" opening and two 1-1/2" square openings from first panel. From second panel, cut two 1-1/8"x2-3/4" openings. For center opening, make a 3-3/8" square flap by cutting along top, right, and bottom edges and folding along left edge. Glue mat to cardboard panels only applying glue along front edge and folds, keeping top and bottom unglued to insert photos.
- 4. Repeat to cover third and fourth panels, aligning paper with right edge of cardboard and trimming left edge of paper along center fold of cardboard. Using photo as guide, cut similar-sized openings in same way as first panel, alternating placement. Glue front and back covers to back of first and last panel.
- 5. To decorate inside, trim and insert photos into desired openings. Attach round brad to flap. Finish flap by gluing 3-3/8" Brown Parchment paper to back of flap. Glue metal leaves to desired openings. Thread two or three yarn lengths through ribbon charm and glue to inside of openings.
- 6. To decorate cover, cover 3" square cardboard pieces with Antiquity Tan paper. Spray paint hinges, bookplate, and mini brads Metallic Taupe. Use mini brads to attach hinges to front and back of small covers. For closure, insert mini brad along front cover edge and glue elastic cord ends to inside back cover, forming a loop. Glue metal frame and leaf to front cover. Insert two mini brads into bookplate holes and bend prongs to one side. Glue bookplate to cover. Print desired words on tan paper and slide into bookplate. For inside of small book, cut frames from Brown Parchment and glue to inside along right and left edges. Slide photo or desired journaling into frames.