Papers: Hang 10 patterened: Wipeout (circles); Pipeline (stripes) (Basic Grey); cardstock: white; dk. brown
Gold heart charm
Pewter bookplates: regular, two; mini, one
Pewter mini brads, six
Black pearl cotton
Hemp cord: black; natural
Photos, 3”x5”, two (black & white and color of each)
Metal hinges, 1”, two
Paper Finishes Antiquing Spray (Krylon)
Tea bags (for staining)
Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
1. Brush strong tea all over back and sides of canvases. (Note: Canvas backs are fronts of frames.) Let dry.
2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray black & white photos with Antiquing Spray for aged look. Sand edges.
3. Cut 2"x3" rectangle from main image on color photos; sand edges. Glue color rectangles to black & white photos, aligning images. Glue photos to back upper right and lower left of canvases.
4. Use one strand pearl cotton to blanket stitch around photos, 1/4" from edge, pre-punching holes before embroidering. Use pearl cotton to sew buttons along two sides of each photo.
5. Cut four 1"x10" strips each from circle and stripe papers. Apply small dab of glue under each strip, adhere to frame, with ends extending at corners. To miter corners, place metal straight edge diagonally across each corner and trim with craft knife. Glue paper strips to wood on frames, except strips that will have bookplates attached.
6. Print words on white cardstock; trim and glue to back of bookplates. Use brads to attach large bookplates to top and bottom paper strips on opposite sides of frame. Glue bookplate strips to wood on frames. Sand strip edges. Attach small bookplate to photo on left canvas, punching holes in canvas in same way as paper.
7. Cut two 8"x10" brown cardstock rectangles; glue to back of frames. Embellish rectangles if desired.
8. Wrap black hemp cord several times around right canvas; knot at side. Attach charm, to black hemp cord with natural hemp cord.
9. Apply brown stain to hinges; let dry. Attach hinges to frame sides, 1" from top and bottom to join.