Family Love Photo Display
- Wooden memory frame, 12"x12"
- The Paper Studio Love Handwritten Chipboard Word
- Polyform Sculpey Turnip Souffle Polymer Clay
- Jacquard Pearl Ex Powdered Pigment
- Assorted print papers
- Assorted embellishments: metal keys, fabric flower, gems, chipboard shapes, cardstock stickers, etc.
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Tools: Acrylic Roller, Landscape Texture Sheet
- Ink pads: purple, gold pigment
- Metallic gold acrylic paint
- Adhesives: Polyform Sculpey Bake & Bond, strong white craft glue
- spray bottle of water, scrap cardstock sheet(s), craft knife, paintbrush, paper towels, clay-dedicated baking sheet and oven, ruler, paper cutter
- 1. Condition clay with hands until soft and pliable. On protected work surface, roll clay into thin sheet, 1/16" to 1/32" thick. Make sure clay will cover chipboard word. Spritz single-design texture sheet with water. Impress design into sheet; remove. Blot any remaining water from clay using paper towel. Apply pigment powder to stamped clay using finger. Position clay sheet face down on scrap cardstock, trimming edges to fit.
- 2. Spread Bake & Bond on chipboard word using finger. Position chipboard face down onto clay sheet with adhesive against clay. Trim with craft knife. Flip right side up and set on baking sheet.
- 3. Add pigment powder to leftover clay, mixing in but leaving swirls. Roll clay out as before. Cut out five hearts; position on baking sheet. Using one larger embellishment as pattern, trace light outline into clay about ¼" larger than embellishment. Using toothpick, add lines around edges of clay. Position hearts on baking sheet. Bake following manufacturer's instructions; let cool. Paint edges of chipboard word gold; let dry completely.
- 4. Cut print paper panels to fit each opening in frame; ink edges with purple ink. Adhere panels in frame using craft glue. Select personal photos; trim to fit display box. Fussy cut along one edge of photo subject if desired, to allow papers to show through. Adhere photos in frame using craft glue.
- 5. Create additional embellishments by hand-tearing strips from paper and inking edges. Adhere clay outline to matching large embellishment. Adhere embellishments in frame using craft glue.
- 1. This project has so many possibilities - try a different color scheme, type of frame, or even a monogram in place of the word "love." Be creative and have fun!