Pattern - Cat & Dog Mailboxes
- 1. For dog, cover all sides of box with white cardstock, leaving bottom flap uncovered. For cat, repeat using yellow cardstock. (Note: Ask adult helper for assistance when using a craft knife.) Use craft knife to cut 4-1/2"x1/2" slit on back of each box for Valentines to be inserted.
- 2. For dog collar, cut four 1-1/2"-wide red cardstock strips; adhere around bottom of box. Repeat for cat, using bright blue cardstock. Add sticky-back clear gems to front of dog collar and pink to front of cat collar.
- 3. Print out patterns. Using pencil and transfer paper, transfer all patterns to cardstock as indicated on patterns. Cut patterns and adhere to boxes.
- 4. Adhere eyes to box front. Draw smile and add dots to dog's muzzle using brown marker. Use red marker to draw cat's smile and black marker to draw cat's whiskers. Add black dot details to stripes, muzzle, and heart-shaped cheeks.
- 1. When your box is full, simply open the bottom flap and remove your Valentine cards.