Vintage Office Tabletop Sign
Make your desk your own with this beautiful office tabletop sign.
- Narrow tabletop sign
- Cork sheet
- Large alphabet stickers
- Cardstock: chalkboard, color/print of your choice
- Binder clips
- Tombow: Power Tabs, Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Mono Aqua Liquid Glue, Removable Adhesive, Tombow Xtreme Adhesive
- 1. Adhere chalkboard cardstock to front of tabletop sign using Aqua Liquid Glue. Add your name or your store's name with alphabet stickers. Adhere cork sheeting to back of tabletop sign and burlap to ledge using Tombow Xtreme Adhesive. Trim off excess burlap; set aside. Apply Aqua Liquid Glue on burlap edges to prevent fraying.
- 2. Cover two large and two small cardstock circles with Tombow Xtreme Adhesive. Use strips of burlap or ribbon to create four rosettes by cutting ribbon in half and fraying edges, or by using full width to create different sizes. Start ribbon at top of circle and "finger ruche" around edge to create rosette. Trim off excess; press Power Tab in center to hold last pleat. Layer smaller rosette onto large one; use pennies for center. Adhere in place using Power Tab.
- 3. Add Tombow Xtreme Adhesive to two center spaces on scored 2"x4" panel. Fold at scored lines; secure both sides to center to create two triangular folds that can hold pencil. Adhere onto ledge using Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
- 4. Draw sparrow pattern, adhere to 3"x6" decorative cardstock panel using Removable Adhesive, and cut out. (Note: You can save your pattern with adhesive by placing on scrap piece of paper.)
- 5. Adhere 1-1/4"x2" cardstock panel to binder clip using Tombow Xtreme Adhesive. Tie ribbons and twine onto binder wires. Adhere large rhinestone to tack using Mono Multi Liquid Glue. Press tack into burlap-covered ledge to dry. Adhere strip of cardstock to clothespin using Tombow Xtreme Adhesive. Trim sides if necessary.
- 6. Cut out sayings or shapes from cardstock or use thin strips to decorate edges; adhere using Tombow Xtreme Adhesive or Mono Multi Liquid Glue. Adhere rhinestones using Mono Multi Liquid Glue if desired.
- 1. Check out this video for tips and usage instructions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0pvqHUQYi0
- 2. Ribbon strips and mini clothespins are nice additions to rosettes.