Pattern - Quilled Egg Place Cards
- 1. Use computer and printer to print names on sheet of cream cardstock in blue and plum ink. Centering name, cut cardstock into 1-1/2"x3-1/2" strip.
- 2. Print out full-size patterns. Trace egg patterns onto back of yellow or blue cardstock; cut out. Cut paper towel tube to 1" tall. Cut 1-3/8"x5-1/2" strip from green cardstock; adhere around paper towel piece (stand). Hold in place in back using clear tape. Let dry. Using embroidery scissors, cut small slits (grass) on top edge of holder. Set aside.
- 3. For boy egg, use slotted quilling tool to make 13 teardrop shapes from yellow quilling paper. Roll eight marquise shapes for leaves from green quilling paper. Set aside. For girl egg, form nine marquise shapes for egg flower petals and four teardrops for base flower petals from lilac quilling paper. Roll 12 marquise shapes for leaves from green quilling paper.
- 4. Adhere names onto front of egg. Apply strip of yellow (for boy) and lilac (for girl) quilling papers to cover top and bottom edges of name card; trim to fit egg shape.
- 5. Using photo as guide, adhere three yellow petals to top of boy egg and six petals in circle to bottom of egg. Adhere four leaf shapes to top and two to bottom of egg. For girl egg, adhere three lilac petals onto top of egg and six to bottom, also adding leaf shapes. Adhere four yellow or lilac petals to front of holder as shown. Let dry.
- 6. Insert large brads/pearls to center of each flower on both eggs. Add medium brads on boy egg, three above and four below name strip. Insert smallest brads onto girl egg, four below and five above name strip. Place eggs between blades of grass on holder. Spot glue to adhere in place.
- 1. Handwrite names on cream cardstock instead of using a computer and printer.