size: 12" tall
- Wooden items: 7-3/4 square frame with 3-1/8” opening (Provo Craft); block, 2-1/8”x8”
- Papers: Color Me Silly patterened: green; orange; purple; turquoise; red; yellow; stripe (Basic Grey); cardstock: black
- My Type punched metal alphabet (Colorbök)
- Metal heardware: screw eyes, 1-13/16”, four; round screw hooks, 2-1/2”, two
- Silver button, 3/4”
- Yellow twill ruler tape, 1/2” wide, 1 yd.
- Americana Acrylic Paint: Napthol Red (DecoArt)
- Green ink pad
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Computer font: 2 Peas Chatter (Autumn Leaves)
- Electric drill with bit
- 1. Drill holes in frame top and bottom, 1" from sides. Pre-drill holes in top of block, 1-3/8" from side edges. Lightly sand frame.
- 2. Paint frame sides and back Napthol Red. Sand surface and edges of painted wood for distressed look.
- 3. Cut green, orange, purple, and turquoise papers longer than frame dimensions and same width as sides on frame front. Glue strips together to same size as frame, overlapping ends. Trim inside and outside edges of assembled paper frame to fit frame. Machine sew zigzag stitch along inside edges of papers. Glue thread ends to back. Glue assembled paper frame to wood frame. Lightly sand edges of paper on frame.
- 4. For flower, use decorative-edge scissors to cut 2-1/2", 2", and 1-1/2" circles from yellow, turquoise, and red papers; sand edges. Antique yellow circle edges with green ink. Make evenly-spaced cuts around circles for petals. Bend petals up, then down for three-dimensional look. Glue circles centered on top of each other. Sew button to center of flower circles with black thread. Glue flower to bottom right frame corner.
- 5. Cut stripe rectangle to same size as wood block. Cut 1"x2-1/8" purple strip; glue to left side of stripe rectangle. Machine sew zigzag stitch on long edges of purple rectangle. Glue thread ends to back. Glue rectangle to front of wood block; sand edges. Cut 1-1/8" black strip to same length as block.
- 6. Screw eyelets into frame holes and hooks into block holes. Thread twill tape through top frame eyelets with ends even on both sides. Glue twill tape to secure and tie bow. Hang wooden block from eyelets.