Chalkboard Baby Shower
size: card, 4-1/4"x4-1/4"; banner, 8"x10"; place card, 2-1/2"x2-1/2"
Chalkboard Baby Shower
- Cardstock: white, kraft, black
- Patterned papers of choice in yellow and green
- Rhinestones: light green, yellow
- Star-shaped wooden veneers
- Wooden dowels
- Baker’s twine
- Stamps: JustRite Papercrafts Cupcake Celebrations, Gina K Designs Oh Baby! or teddy bear stamp of choice
- Punches: scallop border, corner rounder, small circle
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting Machine and Dies: Conversation Bubble 4, Blooms One Shapeabilities, Labels One Nestabilities; scalloped rectangle
- Imagine Crafts Ink Pads: Wedding Dress Memento Luxe, VersaMark; White Embossing Powder
- Prismacolor Premier Pencils: white, yellow, green
- Adhesives: Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3-D Foam Squares
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, heat tool, sponge, craft knife
- 1. Make 4-1/4"x4-1/4" top-fold card from white cardstock; round bottom corners. Cut 4"x4" panel from green paper; round bottom corners. Adhere panel to card. Wrap twine around card front twice; tie in small knot on center.
- 2. Stamp sentiments on black cardstock using VersaMark. Apply embossing powder; heat set. Draw two lines on either side of "smile" using white pencil and ruler. Lightly sponge with Wedding Dress ink for chalkboard effect.
- 3. Die cut sentiment panel using Labels One die #3 (with die #1 being smallest). Using same die set, cut #4 from kraft cardstock and #5 from white cardstock. Mat sentiment label with kraft label; adhere to white label using foam squares. Adhere labels to card using foam squares.
- 4. Die cut two flowers from white cardstock using Bloom One die #1; stagger layers and adhere. Adhere button to flower center. Tie twine bow; adhere to card. Adhere flower over bow. Add rhinestone accents.
- 1. Cut three panels measuring 2-1/4"x3-1/2" from black cardstock; notch ends to form banner pennants as shown. Stamp pennants with sentiment and bears using VersaMark ink. Apply embossing powder; heat set. Sponge lightly with Wedding Dress ink for "chalkboard effect." Add colored pencil highlights, drawing white and yellow lines with ruler and coloring areas green. Position scalloped rectangle die over sentiment; trace using white pencil. Add accents on corners using green colored pencil.
- 2. Adhere panels to paper; fussy cut leaving border. Punch scalloped strip from matching paper; adhere across top of matted pennant, trimming as necessary. Punch holes near upper corners of pennants; tie together with twine.
- 3. Die cut two flowers from white cardstock and green paper using Blooms One die #1. Stagger layers and adhere as before. Adhere button to center of flower. Adhere flowers and rhinestone accents to pennants.
- 4. Trim wooden dowels to desired length. Wrap twine around tops of dowels; tie to banner ends.
- Place Card
- 1. Make 2-1/2"x2-1/2" top-fold card from white cardstock. Measure and mark 1-1/2"x1/2" rectangle at bottom of card. Cut rectangle from card front and back using craft knife.
- 2. Cut 2-1/4"x1-3/4" panel from paper; adhere to card front. Die cut conversation bubble from black cardstock; adhere to card.
- 3. Embellish with rhinestones and wooden stars. Write guest's name on center using white pencil.
- 1. Use dies in unexpected ways. Flip a scalloped rectangle die over and trace the shape to create frames around sentiments. Colored pencils work great as "chalk" on black cardstock.