Baby Owl Album
Baby Owl Album
- Canvas Corp. Gypsies Ivory Naked File Folders, 4”x6”, two
- Light blue cardstock
- Canvas Corp. Papers: Blue and Ivory Dot, Blue and Ivory Mini Dot Rerverse, Blue and Ivory Baby Words, It’s A Boy Sampler on Ivory, Lime Green and White Ribbon Stripe, Lime Green and White Dot
- The Paper Studio Little Boy Stick-a-bilities Cardstock Stickers
- Light blue brad
- Ribbon: 12” lengths, two; six printed scraps
- White twine, 1 yd.
- Craft punches: Stampin’ Up! Scallop Oval, circle
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine with Snowballs Embossing Folder
- Blue chalk ink
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
- pencil, paper trimmer, scissors, needle, scoring tool, paper piercer
- 1. Score tabbed folders 1/4" from both sides of fold to create album spine and flap. Cut 1/2" off tab side of one folder; measure 1" in on cut end. Score and fold. Lay back of one file folder on top of other, making sure folds are not covered. Adhere to top of other folder.
- 2. Center and adhere one 12" ribbon to backside of album. Repeat with second ribbon to front of tab.
- 3. Cut cardstock panels to fit album as follows: Blue and Ivory Dot for back, inside back, and 1" flap on outside cover; Blue and Ivory Mini Dot for front and 1-7/8" flap. Fussy cut words for cover. Ink all cut edges before adhering to album.
- 4. Cut two 2-3/8"x4-1/8" striped paper panels; ink edges. Adhere one panel across album front and tab. Affix brad to tab. Adhere other panel across inside front, adhering along short sides only to create pocket band. Trim around tab as desired.
- 5. Cut five 5-1/2"x8" blue cardstock panels; fold in half to 4"x5-1/2". Emboss with Snowballs. Punch holes in fold of pages, 1-1/2" from outer edges; align. Slide punched pages into album cover. Align punch with page holes and punch cover. Thread twine through needle. Align punched holes again and bind cover to pages using twine. Loop twine through twice; tie off outside spine at top. Trim excess. Work ribbon scraps and fibers under twine, tying off at top.
- 6. On inside 1-7/8" flap, fold 1" flap over and adhere ends to make pocket.
- 7. Embellish album with fussy cut paper elements and stickers. Tie closed.