Pattern - Hangin' Out Bat
- 1. Paint egg Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 2. Print out full-size patterns. Cut patterns from cardstock. Refer to dashed lines on pattern to accordion-fold wings.
- 3. Cut chenille stem into four 3" lengths. Twist two together, leaving 3/4" on end straight for toes. Repeat with other chenille stem lengths. Use pencil to indent two holes on large end of egg for legs; insert legs into holes. Curl ends into toes.
- 4. Cut two 1/4"-long slits into narrow end of egg using craft knife. Insert ears into slits; spot glue to adhere.
- 5. Cut 1"-long vertical slits on each side of egg using craft knife. Insert wings into slits; spot glue to adhere.
- 6. For face, punch or cut 1"-diameter circle from white cardstock. Use tip of Black brush pen to add short fur lines around edge of circle, angling toward center. Adhere wiggle eyes and pony bead (nose) on face. Let dry. Draw mouth with fangs using Red brush pen. Let dry. Adhere face below ears onto narrow end of body.
- 7. Write "Halloween Hang-out" on orange sign using black marker. Adhere orange sign onto green sign. Punch four 1/8" holes as marked on pattern. Thread twine through straw; thread each end through holes on sign. Knot twine ends together. Hang bat by curling toes around straw; adjust as needed.
- 1. Insert skewer or thin wooden dowel into egg to act as holder when painting. Set in drinking glass to dry.