A Box of Comfort
A Box of Comfort
- Wooden items: box, 7”x7”; banner shapes, four; round balls, four
- Cardstock: white, green, gold
- White tissue paper
- Die-cutting machine and dies: Spellbinders Arched Elegance Pocket Die and Rose Creations Die; Hero Arts Alphabet Uppercase
- Stamps: Stampendous Jumbo Peony Set and Royal Heart Quotes Set; Hampton Arts Vintologie Butterflies
- Acrylic paint: pastel pink, white, gold
- Inks: Imagine Crafts Staz-On Jet Black; Ranger Distress Inks Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Crushed Olive; Tattered Angels Snow Angel Glimmer Mist
- Embossing pen
- Gold embossing powder
- White gesso
- Mediums: Faber-Castell Gel Medium; Ranger Matte Multi Medium
- Adhesives: clear dots, glue gun and sticks
- small daubers, paintbrushes, spray bottle of water, textured sea sponge, palette
- 1. Apply gesso to wooden box. Let dry.
- 2. Sponge paint box and wooden banners pastel pink. When dry, drybrush white. Paint wooden balls gold.
- 3. Stamp texts, swirls, butterflies, or other images on white tissue paper using Jet Black ink. Tear stamped images and adhere to inside, outside top, and three sides of box using gel medium; leave one side of box blank.
- 4. Die cut several flowers from white cardstock. Die cut two small leaves and three medium leaves from green cardstock. Fold leaves in half and ink edges Crushed Olive. Die cut four small gold corners using accent border and insert from Arched Elegance die. Die cut letters H, O, P, E from gold cardstock scraps. Set aside.
- 5. Ink white flowers Spun Sugar using dauber. Add Victorian Velvet to petal tips. Mist flowers with water so colors blend. Curl petal edges around paintbrush handle. Scrunch wet petals to achieve distressed look; spritz Snow Angel. Let dry.
- 6. Adhere gold corners to box using matte medium applied with toothpick.
- 7. Use glue gun or gel medium to build three roses from die-cut petals. For smallest top petal, cut slit into small petal; wrap edge over to form small bud.
- 8. Adhere roses and leaves to upper lefthand corner of box using glue gun.
- 9. Edge banners with embossing pen; heat emboss with gold powder. Thread twine through banner holes, knot ends, and trim. Attach banner to box front using clear dots. Adhere wooden balls to bottom corners of box for feet.
- 10. Fill box with comfort items as shown.
- 1. For added texture, crinkle stamped tissue paper before adhering with gel medium.