Winged Things Masterboard Box & Cards
sizes: box, 3-3/4"x3-3/4"; cards, 3-1/4"x3-1/4"
- Papier-mâché box, 3-3/4” square
- White flecked cards, 3-3/8” square, four
- Cardstock: white embossed; navy
- Assorted papers: patterned artist; white tissue; white watercolor; dark green mulberry
- Peach vellum
- Sheet music, two sheets
- Dark blue velvet ribbon
- Stamps: Wonderful Wings set (Stampin’ Up!); Bugs Mini Cube (Just for Fun Rubber Stamps); Script Background (A Stamp in the Hand)
- VersaMark ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Tim Holtz Adirondack inks: Bottle ink pad; Eggplant re-inker
- Medieval Gold Glitz Spritz (Lindy’s Stamp Gang)
- Gold Super Fine Detail embossing powder (Ranger)
- Interference Blue acrylic paint (Golden Artist Colors)
- Regular Matte Gel Medium (Golden Artist Colors)
- Jewelz Sparkling Watercolor Duo & Interference Palette (USArtQuest)
- Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Envelope template for 3-1/4” square cards
- Heat tool
- 1. Mix small amount Eggplant ink with water in spray bottle; spray white tissue paper. Spray paper again with Glitz Spritz. Let dry or use heat tool to speed dry. Tear paper into large and medium pieces.
- 2. Rub Bottle ink pad over embossed white cardstock; brush on Interference Blue acrylic paint over ink. Let dry.
- 3. Stamp butterflies and dragonfly randomly on navy cardstock using VersaMark ink; heat emboss with Gold powder. Fill in spaces with dragonfly and butterfly from Bugs Mini Cube. Paint embossed bugs with watercolor paints; let dry. Closely cut out five butterflies/dragonflies; set aside for cards and box top.
- 4. Apply gel medium over entire sheet of watercolor paper. Adhere tissue randomly, gently smoothing with fingers. Be sure to cover entire piece of paper and edges. This is first layer of masterboard.
- 5. Tear artist paper into medium pieces, apply gel medium to back, and randomly adhere to masterboard; cover top of paper with gel medium as you work.
- 6. Tear vellum, mulberry, and embossed cardstock into small pieces. Adhere to masterboard in same way as artist paper.
- 7. Tear around remaining bugs on navy cardstock; adhere to masterboard same as before.
- 8. Tear one sheet of music into strips and adhere to masterboard. Fill in any open or unbalanced spaces; trim paper edges with craft knife or scissors.
- Box & Cards
- 1. Color copy masterboard twice.
- 2. Sponge Bottle ink onto box and lid edges. Spray box inside and out with Glitz Spritz; gently pump sprayer to get "blobs" of gold. Let dry or use heat tool.
- 3. Gold emboss script background onto color copies. Cut copy to fit top and sides of box; edge paper pieces with Leafing Pen.
- 4. Adhere paper pieces to box. Glue velvet ribbon to lid edge. Adhere one cut-out butterfly to box lid with foam tape.
- 5. Cut four 3-1/4" squares from navy cardstock; adhere to card fronts. Cut four 3" squares from masterboard and edge with Leafing Pen; adhere square and bug to each card.
- 6. Create four envelopes from remaining sheet of music using template.