"Shhhh, Baby's Sleeping" Door Hanger
Babies are precious, but disturbing them while they're taking a nap is never a good idea. Create this exquisite door hanger to let others know they are in a quite zone.
- Wooden frame, 4-3/4”x6-1/2” with 3”x5” opening
- Artificial bird, 1”x2”
- Blue/white paisley paper
- White cardstock
- Crystal beads: assorted mixed AB faceted; droplet, 1-1/4”
- Silver wire, 20-gauge
- Silver eye screws, three
- DecoArt Americana Paints: Snow White Spray Paint, Baby Blue Acrylic
- Bristle paintbrush
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Round-nose pliers
- Optional: Sewing machine with white thread
- Computer and printer
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue Brush-on
- scissors, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Size is 4-3/4"x6-1/2".
- Door Hanger
- 1. Remove glass and backing from frame. Spray paint sides (inside and outside edges) and bird. Let dry. Drybrush edges of bird Baby Blue.
- 2. Cut patterned paper to fit front of frame. Cut opening from paper to fit frame opening. Brush glue on back of paper and adhere to frame. Sand edges of paper even with frame edges as needed.
- 3. Use computer to print "Shhhh Baby's Sleeping" on white cardstock, using 70% grey ink; trim rectangle around words to fit opening in frame. Machine stitch a double border around words if desired. Insert glass and cardstock rectangle into frame opening. Cut a patterned paper rectangle to same size as back of frame and glue. Sand edges of paper even with frame edges as needed.
- 4. Insert eye screws into frame at center bottom and 1/2" from top edges. Quick Tip: Drill a tiny hole before inserting eye screw.
- 5. Insert 1-1/4" wire length through hole in droplet. Bend wire end in back upward against crystal. Insert top end of wire through bottom eyelet on frame and bend end back against crystal to secure.
- 6. For crystal chain, cut 1-1/4" wire lengths. Bend end of one wire piece into a loop. Place crystal bead on wire and bend remaining wire end into loop going in opposite direction, forming an "S". Insert another wire length through one of "S" loops and bend into loop in same way as before. Continue adding "S" links to chain to desired length. Attach end links to eyelets in top of frame.
- 7. Adhere bird to center top of frame.